Grid Status: Online
Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 476
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0

Trying to use jOpenSim Balance Module

4 years 11 months ago #3141 by zephy
I've set up the jOpenSim Balance Module and have tried setting the "Show Display-Link" option by setting it to a menu item. However this doesn't work when the menu item I'm using is a system url link.

I.e - I have a user menu and that has an item that says "transactions" and when clicked it pulls up the url https://website/accounts/inworld/money which works fine. BUT the button on the Balance module, even though set to use that same menu item, wants to load up https://website/?Itemid=777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #3149 by zephy
Have added to the Mantis

4 years 11 months ago #3150 by djphil
Hi Zephy,

if you use menu type "url" you can try with this url:
index.php?option=com_opensim&view=inworld&task=money

or this url, if you use type "jOpenSimPaypal / Transaction List":
index.php?option=com_jopensimpaypal&view=transactionlist

Both work very well for me.

Best regards.

4 years 11 months ago #3152 by zephy
Thanks but it doesn't seem to matter what URL I use, the button always shows the link it wants to open as /?Itemid=xxx where xxx is the ID of the menu.

Just to clarify, if I click on my menu item it works fine, but when I then select that same menu item as the one to use in the jOpenSim balance module it tries to open /?Itemid=xxx and not the actual URL the menu is set to.

4 years 11 months ago #3153 by zephy
Update: by turning of SEF on the Joomla global options I found the actul url for that page and using that worlks, which is :

index.php?option=com_opensim&view=inworld&layout=default.display&Itemid=454&task=money

I still feel though that having an option to just show that page or to select a custom url would make more sense? Thanks!

4 years 11 months ago #3154 by djphil
I can not reproduce your problem at home.
Can you create for me a temporary admin user on your site ?
This way I can test directly in your environment.

4 years 11 months ago #3155 by djphil
Another thing, you talk about adding the possibility of a personalized url but you already have it.
When you create your menu links, you can create a custom link here. It will then be accessible in the module list.

4 years 11 months ago #3156 by zephy
For that last bit, think we may be talking at cross purposes. My thought is that the "Display" button is most likely going to either just show the in-world transactions or show some customized page if the admin has set up say the paypal module as well.

The only way at present I can see to show the in-world transactions is by creating a menu item of the type custom url that points to the page the user gets to 'long way around' by opening their account page then selecting the money tab.

I feel that having an option to create a 'menu item type' that is of type "show transactions" would make things work smoother?

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #3157 by djphil
I believe that gradually, with your explanations, I begin to understand your request ...
In case you use the scale module, you use the money module and therefore jOpenSim PayPal.
In this case you have a choice jOpenSim Paypal Transaction List.
This should answer your request ...

Now if you say "yes, but I do not want to install jOpenSim PayPal" then there ...

I still do not understand why you have this "?item=xxx" and this custom link seems to not work and not be enough. Normally this should be fine, right?

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000