Visitors (30 Days): 11
Total Residents: 476
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0
× Creating OpenSim accounts during Joomla! registration

instruction for installing jOpensim

11 years 10 months ago #1098 by fateme
Hii all
i want to use jOpensim but i want some instruction about how to installing and using it to create a webpage that people come and register and then come to my grid :unsure:

i am new here please be nice :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #1100 by foto50
Hi fateme,

and welcome to our forum! For using jOpenSim, you first need a working Joomla! Website. You can download Joomla! for free at www.joomla.org/ . Over there you also get lot of help with installing it. I strongly recommend to install the latest version, which is currently 2.5.4.

Once you have installed Joomla, you only need to go to the "Extension manager" in the administration panel of Joomla and install jOpenSim in there using the zip file you can download here at jopensim.com/downloads1/viewcategory/19-comopensim.html . If you download the complete package, you will need to unzip the downloaded zip file first and then install the single zip files that came out of it.

You will find help about configuring jOpenSim in the readme.pdf that is included in the zip file (or you also can download it seperate from jopensim.com/downloads1/viewdownload/17-...eadmeversion022.html ).

I hope this helped you for the beginning :)

Greetz
FoTo50

11 years 10 months ago #1101 by fateme
thanks for your help and kindness, i am working on it ;)

11 years 10 months ago #1103 by fateme
hello again
i did everything on installation guide and it was perfect (thanks for it ) but there is an error : when i want to register in myjoomla site (i create it with wamp and localhost on my pc)it says =>
Registration failed: An error was encountered while sending the registration email. A message has been sent to the administrator of this site

and the message to administrator is => An error was encountered when sending the user registration email. The error is: Could not instantiate mail function. The user who attempted to register is: fateme

do you know what is wrong?
thanks

11 years 10 months ago #1108 by foto50
Hi fateme

When registering, Joomla usually will send an automatic generated email to this user for activating his/her account. This message means basically, that PHP could not find out, how it can send emails on your WAMP. In other words, you need to install some windows email server (maybe like hmailserver or Mercury?) or - if available - provide some external mail server in your php.ini.

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with this on windows, so I wont be much of help for this kind of setup.

Greetz
FoTo50

11 years 10 months ago #1109 by DJ Devil
normally this is easily solved by logging into joomla as admin and disable the email verification

11 years 10 months ago #1110 by fateme
i wanted to have mail verification but maybe i should ignore it , and its works :lol:
thanks

11 years 10 months ago #1129 by fateme
could you please tell me how to disable it? i cant :( :( :(

11 years 10 months ago #1130 by foto50
Hi fateme

Yeah, in Joomla 2.x it is a bit hidden ;)

In Joomla administration, go to Users -> User Manager from the top menue. Then click on "Options" on the right upper side. In this window in the first tab, there is a drop down menue for "New User Account Activation" (by default it is "self"). Change here to "none" and you have disabled the email sending.

Greetz
FoTo50

11 years 10 months ago #1131 by fateme
i tried it before but it doesnt work
there is a new idea :D
i changed the errors with :
congratulation
registeration result : Your Acount Successfully Created
:D

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000