Total Regions: 23
Visitors (30 Days): 14
Total Residents: 478
Online Now: 0
Hypergriders online: 0
× Creating OpenSim accounts during Joomla! registration

Community builder & jOpenSim

4 years 5 months ago #3243 by andrewheritage
I have community builder on my site and when I have now added jOpenSim I can't see how to 'merge' the registration process of the two. Searching the forums I found a few hints it may be possible but no actual info, so wondering if it can be done so the two can exist together?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #3245 by Xena
till you get an answer from Foto50, here is some:
read this :
wiki.jopensim.com/index.php/plg_jopensimregister

once you have activated this plugin, you need to decide what new users have to do , mandatory opensim registration or not. community builder, as well as this plugin come on the top of the registration system.

After regarding your existing users, depending on the number, you will have figure out a work around, example you may allow them to create an opensim user by adding this facility to a private menu or something. Well if yoou have like 1000 or more users, i think you have no choice.

Lets see what Foto50 would say

4 years 5 months ago #3246 by andrewheritage
Thanks for the link, although I have already read that and followed the info. My issue is that when a user selects to create an account from the front end, they only get the Community builder part and so only create a Joomla account. They then need to log in and I can give them a menu link to allow them to create an OpenSim account, but this I feel is to complicated - I had hoped that the jOpenSim account creation could be shown instead of the Community builder one, or perhaps the two combined.

4 years 5 months ago #3247 by andrewheritage
So I found that I could create a menu item to create an in-world account and then set it so on first login it goes to that, however that page doesn't show the avatar selection I have set up in the jOpenSimRegister plugin...

4 years 5 months ago #3248 by foto50
Hi andrewheritage

Unfortunately CB is not using the Joomla standard events for registration and so the plugin jOpenSimRegister does not work with it.

On the other side, the avatar selection is just implemented in the plugin and not (yet) in the "create opensim account" view of jOpenSim.

Greetz
FoTo50

4 years 5 months ago #3250 by andrewheritage
Yes I got the impression Community builder "takes over" and does things their own way! I did see they have some info about how to integrate with them ( www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-profession...register-user#261169 ) but I guess that's not really a priorety for jOpenSim dev time.

From your reply, does that mean that avatar selection will soon be in the menu method to create an in-world account? (for the plugin I thought it had been there for ages?)

4 years 5 months ago #3251 by foto50
The next version 0.3.1.6 (I wanted to release this one long time already, but never find enough time to finish :blush: ) is mainly a preparation towards compatibility for the upcoming Joomla4 and will sure not have it included yet.

For the one after this (not sure yet if it will still be called 0.3.x or already 0.4.x ;) ) a lot of enhancements are in my mind.

Let me invite you to mantis.jopensim.com to report this in the category "wishlist", which is my major "todo list" ;)

Greetz
FoTo50

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Search

Donate jOpenSim

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount

Our Regions

Region: Loc X: Loc Y:
Agora 1000 998
BareBad… 997 997
Bohemas 996 998
BoraBor… 1002 999
Crystal… 1001 1000